DAKA-Student loans: interest free – unbureaucratic – reliable
Students who require financial aid can apply for a student loan from the student loan association – awarded seals of approval by the Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE) as well as a positive rating by the German consumer magazine ‘Stiftung Warentest’ (Finanztest). For more information have a look here.
- Enrollment at a state institute of higher education in North Rhine Westphalia
- Payment of the social contribution to the local Student Support Services
- Dependent on financial aid to ensure the means of subsistence
- Guarantor MUST be provided for security
If you are about to finish your studies and have received BAföG (student financial aid) so far, then a primary and essential prerequisite of the Student Support Services Münster for granting a Daka loan is to examine the graduate support. To do this, ask your BAföG advisor for information.
A legal claim to a Daka loan does not exist.
A loan approval is only possible if the award guidelines have been fulfilled and the Student Support Services Münster has sufficient funds (limited budget).
Please ask Ms. Vorbach of the Student Support Services to advise you about the other requirements (see “Advice und Contact”, i.e. consultation and contact).
- The loan amount and disbursement are flexible within the framework of the guidelines
- Maximum amount of 12,000 euros
- Payment in monthly instalments
- Financial support of up to 1,000 euros per month
- Payment by the Daka (i.e. student loan association) branch in Cologne by bank transfer to your personal current account
- Administrative costs amounting to 5% of the amount of the loan
- Interest-free loan, no further costs during scheduled repayment process
- Provided the loan maximum limit has not been reached, financial aid for the study for a Master’s degree can also be provided after the Bachelor’s degree.
Fair repayment conditions
- Repayment begins 12 months after the disbursement of the last financial aid payment. If you are still studying at this time, the repayment can be postponed to up to twelve months after the standard period of study without interest having to be paid.
- Monthly repayment instalment of at least 150 euros
- Repayments to be made by direct debits
- Early loan repayments are possible at any time and for any amount
- In especially difficult financial situations flexible repayment solutions are also possible.
- For a Master’s degree course immediately following the financial support for a Bachelor’s course, the repayment can – upon request – be postponed for up to twelve months after the standard period of study for a Master’s degree without interest having to be paid.
Contact & Consultation
We would be pleased to advise you. Please visit us for a personal consultation.
Your contact person:
Student Financial Assistance Office of the Student Support Services, room no. 1.05
Phone: 0251 837 9575
Mon to Wed: 10 a.m – 12 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
Thurs: 1 – 3.00 p.m.
More information is available for you on the pages of the (the loan association) of the Student Support Services (a registered voluntary association) at the address: Daka Darlehenskasse der Studierendenwerke e.V.