The most important facts...
How can the application be made?
- In writing
- via BAföG-Digital (external link in german)
- By e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org Please notice: the e-mail must be accompanied by at least form 01 (in german) or form 09 (external link in german) or the short application (internal link to PDF in german), in each case completed in full and signed or accompanied by the reproduction of the applicant's own name.
When should the application be submitted?
As early as possible.
- The initial application after enrollment.
- The subsequent application at least two months before the end of the previous grant period.
(As a rule, a new application must be submitted every year. A new application must also be submitted after a change of subjects or when taking up another degree programme (e.g. Master's degree).)
Retroactive approval is not possible and processing may take a very long time.
What must be observed?
- A handwritten signature or the use of the eID function of the ID card are no longer required, it is sufficient to handwrite or print your own name at the end of the document.
- Supporting documents (e.g. tax assessment notices, rental agreements or certificates) should not be submitted as originals.
- Stapling or stapling of documents should be avoided.